Every month, I strive to learn and grow. I do it with intention and with purpose. My day starts with reading. Throughout my day I have great conversations with others. I listen to podcasts while driving and working out. And from all of this, I keep a running log of the many, many lessons I learn, or am reminded of.
Here are the Top 10 lessons I learned in April 2017:
- There are two ways to be wealthy: to get everything you want…or to want everything you have. Which is easier, right here, right now?
- This is MY journey. Those on a similar journey will be attracted and want to follow.
- Be engaged fully with whomever I’m with at the time. But don’t be involved with the outcome. All I can do is share what I know, but I take no responsibility for others choosing (or not) to apply what I share.
- We can never know the full impact of our life.
- “We buy things we don’t need to impress people we don’t like.” – Fight Club
- Good questions are what open people up, open new doors, and create new opportunities.
- We are not as smart and as wise as we’d like to think we are. Becoming wise comes from questioning and humility.
- We often place the most value on things that are difficult to obtain.
- We are constantly looking at the world around us and putting our own opinion on top of it.
- Looking up to the sky, gazing at the stars on a clear night, can remind us just how petty and trivial many of our earthly concerns are.
Keep learning. Keep growing. It is what we are designed to do as humans.